Why, hello there! Are you creative, motivated and love design? Looking for a team to work with?
We are excited you are here. It’s important to us that we choose the right team members to join the team here, so we are going to be really big about making sure you have all the details about what it is like working here and what we are expecting. Let’s start with the job details and then share more about Rock Paper Simple.
As one of our Designers, you’ll be responsible for creating collateral, website graphics, logos, and other branding elements. You will work closely with the Marketing Managers, Content Writers, and Developers to create designs for various projects and clients. Our designers ensure that our clients’ brands are consistent across all projects and visually communicate their message. You’ll present your creative concepts internally during reviews and externally to our clients during project showings. You’ll need to be able to communicate your ideas clearly and confidently. Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite is a must as our designers use Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and XD on a daily basis.
As part of the creative team you will be led by the Creative Lead who will help manage and prioritize projects, review designs, and answer any questions you may have or come across while on the job.
This position is part-time hourly at $10-$12/hr. The position will offer at least 20 hours per week.
- Use their artistic abilities in drawing and graphic design to create unique brands.
- Create website design mockups and supporting website graphics.
- Collaborating with developers, marketing, content and other departments to create collateral.
- Selecting colors, fonts, photographs, layouts and other design elements to communicate creative concepts.
- Design collateral material, logos, and individual design elements per project.
- Create print and web ready files.
- Take ownership of completeness and accuracy of work.
- Handle administrative responsibilities associated with projects including organization of files, information, and other assets.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and techniques.
- Maintain effective internal communication to ensure that all relevant RPS team members are kept informed of project progress.
- Provide input into the design process to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Work onsite at our Melbourne, Florida office.
Skills And Qualifications
- Proficient in the Adobe industry programs: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD.
- Solid knowledge of design and visual principles.
- Strong artistry skills as well as design and layout skills.
- Understands the principles of design for both print and digital collateral.
- Great multitasking skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Has good time-management.
- Is able to handle group critiques, as well as give constructive criticism.
- Be a Team Player (and be awesome!)
(Office Hours): The minimum hours you will be expected to be in the office are 20 hours per week between Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Additional hours may be available depending on needed bandwidth.
(Work From Home Days): Work from home days are allowed to be taken 4 days a month upon approval. Remote work may be available upon approval.
(PTO): PTO and paid holidays are not offered for part time positions.
(Compensation and Benefits): Compensation for this position is hourly.
(Professional Development): Rock Paper Simple provides continuing professional development through online courses, events, consultants and other opportunities to allow each of our team members to grow. Paid subscriptions to digital learning opportunities are available immediately with additional and more specific opportunities available upon request and as they arise.
About Rock Paper Simple
Rock Paper Simple is a full-service marketing agency in Melbourne, FL, that strives to have our client’s best interest in mind. We have a proactive professional team that invests fully in helping our clients reach their goals. Our experienced and talented team of developers, videographers, graphic designers, content writers, and marketing managers successfully work together to accomplish goals, meet deadlines and have fun at the same time.
We are looking for team members that are professional and motivated, but also energetic, confident, fun-loving and just a touch (or more) nerdy. If you consider yourself on the path of becoming a Jedi Master or an Avenger, we can help you get there.
Think you should be the next team member to join Rock Paper Simple?Click here to apply on our HR system!
Drug-Free- Workplace Program and Medical Marijuana
This company is a drug-free workplace that complies with the State of Florida Drug-Free Workplace Act and testing procedures. Please be aware of the following information concerning medical marijuana and the company’s stance concerning it. Medical marijuana is available in a variety of forms. Medical marijuana that has a certain level of THC may show up on a drug test. Some medical marijuana does not have THC and will not show up on a drug test. A physician will know if the medical marijuana that they are prescribing would have enough THC to result in a positive drug test. Please consult with the physician to determine if the medical marijuana that they are prescribing will have enough THC to result in a positive drug test. If the medical marijuana that is prescribed does result in a positive drug test result, the company stance concerning this is outlined in the company drug-free workplace policy.
Rock Paper Simple is an equal opportunity employer.