For those who have websites, whether for business, blogs, or otherwise, you may find yourself asking the question, how do I choose a web hosting provider? Who is the best for hosting a small business and managing web hosting? If you have a WordPress website or plan to, then you will need a reliable hosting provider.
At Rock Paper Simple, we have been using WPengine for many years, and we are thrilled with the service they provide. When choosing a hosting service for your WordPress website, not all hosting providers are created equal, and there are some providers like WPEngine cater specifically to WordPress hosting. Here are a few things to look for when choosing a WordPress hosting provider.
- Security – This is probably the most significant thing to look for when choosing a hosting provider. Your information is sensitive and critical for your business. Some things to consider are daily backups, security software, and SSL certificates.
- Uptime – No hosting providers can guarantee 100% uptime, but some get close. Some of the best providers can offer uptime at or above 99.99%. So, choose a provider that can guarantee as much uptime as possible.
- Customer Support – You will want a hosting provider to offer 24/7 support with a quick response time to your issues. IF you choose a provider that offers this, you will have some peace of mind knowing someone will be there around the clock to assist you. Your business is essential, and you deserve a provider who values your work as much as you do.
- Upgrade options – If you plan on growing your business in the future but do not need anything super robust when you are first starting, you will want to make sure your hosting provider can support growth. You may have a small business when you first join your hosting provider, but that can change in the future. It is important to talk with your potential providers about any long-term goals to ensure they are the right fit for you.
- WordPress Specific Service – Most hosting options that support PHP can host a WordPress website. However, there are services out there that offer WordPress-specific hosting options such as WordPress optimization, automatic plugin updates, software updates, and virus & malware removal, to name a few. With a bit of research, you can find a web host that offers WordPress-specific hosting. Your business is unique, and the services your host provides should reflect that. Make sure the hosting provider can give you access to the tools you need to help your website flourish.
Picking a good hosting provider will be essential to the success of your business, and using the five tips mentioned above can help you narrow down your choices, so choose a provider that meets your specific business goals. And Rock Paper Simple is happy to be your partner when selecting a hosting company. Our dedicated team of experts will work with you in WordPress to ensure that your website’s security, functionality, and services are always up to date and excelling. Contact us at Rock Paper Simple today and learn more about how we can partner with your business and reach success.