Why, hello there! Do you love writing? Looking for a team?
We are excited you are here. It’s important to us that we choose the right team members to join the team here, so we are going to be really big about making sure you have all the details about what it is like working here and what we are expecting. Let’s start with the job details and then share more about Rock Paper Simple.
As one of our Videographers, you’ll be responsible for shooting and editing recorded footage for various client projects. You’ll be asked to assist and take the lead of video shoots while on set as needed. You’ll work closely with our Marketing Managers, Designers, and Copy Writers to assemble a finished product that communicates our clients’ message and vision. You will be bringing together sight and sound in order to tell a cohesive story through the video development process.
As part of the creative team you will be led by the Creative Lead who will help manage and prioritize projects, review videos, and answer any questions you may have or come across while on the job.
- You will work both independently and as part of a team on creating videos for internal use as well as for clients.
- Work with clients to understand their needs and pitch ideas for how to use video to meet and exceed their requirements.
- Concept, storyboard, direct, shoot and edit using in-house equipment and studio
- Assist with script development.
- Capture footage and apply effects; assemble/edit materials including graphics, dialogue, existing footage, and sound effects.
- Take ownership of completeness and accuracy of work.
- Maintain effective internal communication to ensure that all relevant RPS team members are kept informed of project progress.
- Handle administrative responsibilities associated with projects including organization of file information, video and audio assets, and video archives.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging information and techniques.
- Continue to provide input into the video creation process to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Position may include some travel.
- Work onsite at our Melbourne, Florida office.
Skills And Qualifications
- Degree in Video/Film or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as an editor for video/film and/or multimedia productions.
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe applications Premiere, Media Encoder, and After Effects; knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator is a plus.
- Lighting and camera experience both on location and in-studio settings; drone experience is a plus.
- Comprehensive understanding of video development and production.
- Experience mixing audio, selecting music tracks and color correcting footage.
- Proven ability to effectively manage and execute numerous production projects at one time.
- Expert project and time management skills.
- Able to work and communicate within a team structure while able to work independently with minimal supervision.
(Office Hours): The minimum hours you will be expected to be in the office are Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM with some availability outside of those hours should client needs arise.
(Remote Days): Remote days (work from home) are allowed to be taken 4 days a month upon approval.
(On-Call Days): On-call days are every other Friday and are earned by showing the ability to be exceptionally productive. They are awarded by your direct report based on performance. These days allow additional flexibility to work from home or even take the day off as long as all responsibilities and deadlines have been addressed. Team members on-call are expected to be available to their team or clients if needed.
(PTO): 13 days of paid time off will be provided each year. The position also includes 11 paid holidays.
(Compensation and Benefits): Compensation for this position is salaried. Position benefits include: Disability, Dental, Vision, Redirect Health Primary Care Coverage, IRA plan with up to 3% salary match, Financial Advisor, Marketplace Chaplains, Monthly Team Lunches, etc.
(Professional Development): Rock Paper Simple provides continuing professional development through online courses, events, consultants and other opportunities to allow each of our team members to grow. Paid subscriptions to digital learning opportunities are available immediately with additional and more specific opportunities available upon request and as they arise.
What is it like working at Rock Paper Simple?
Good question! Here’s our best effort at sharing a bit about what it is like working at Rock Paper Simple.
We work in marketing. So that means it can be fast-paced, deadline-driven, and sometimes it can be stressful. But it is also a place we get to be creative, make really awesome things, work with cool brands, and help some awesome organizations look amazing and win.
We run on EOS, so we have very clear short and long-term visions, quarterly goals and updates, and weekly meetings that give everyone a voice. The whole team knows where the company is going and why. We have leaders, not bosses, who focus on empowering their teams. We document our processes and continue to find ways to make them better.
We are crazy obsessed with anything orange, Star Wars, coffee, Brevard County, and anything marketing-related. We have silly Slack chats in the #general channel with more gifs than we should, have random nerf battles, play board games over lunch, and pass a You Rock Award from team member to team member each month based on core values.
We are very human, care a lot about mental health (we even made a documentary about it!), and want to see everyone grow and become better. We understand that human beings make mistakes and get overwhelmed sometimes, and we encourage people not to let that hold them back. We give grace when we should, but we hold our people accountable too.
Think you should be the next team member to join Rock Paper Simple?Click here to apply on our HR system!
Drug-Free- Workplace Program and Medical Marijuana
This company is a drug-free workplace that complies with the State of Florida Drug-Free Workplace Act and testing procedures. Please be aware of the following information concerning medical marijuana and the company’s stance concerning it. Medical marijuana is available in a variety of forms. Medical marijuana that has a certain level of THC may show up on a drug test. Some medical marijuana does not have THC and will not show up on a drug test. A physician will know if the medical marijuana that they are prescribing would have enough THC to result in a positive drug test. Please consult with the physician to determine if the medical marijuana that they are prescribing will have enough THC to result in a positive drug test. If the medical marijuana that is prescribed does result in a positive drug test result, the company stance concerning this is outlined in the company drug-free workplace policy.
Rock Paper Simple is an equal opportunity employer.