Why, hello there! Do you love marketing and interacting with people? Looking for a team?
We are excited you are here. It’s important to us that we choose the right team members to join the team here, so we are going to be really big about making sure you have all the details about what it is like working here and what we are expecting. Let’s start with the job details and then share more about Rock Paper Simple.
As one of our Marketing Managers, you will be responsible for working directly with our marketing clients to manage marketing, branding and project-based solutions for our clients and coordinate with various Rock Paper Simple team members to oversee initiatives. These initiatives include, but are not limited to, the planning and management of the following services; marketing strategy, research, marketing correspondence, key performance indicators report, marketing campaigns, press releases, branding, leads, feedback, surveys, website management, and budgeting reports.
You will create and maintain relationships with existing and potential clients, and work to develop strategic solutions and plans that best fit the agency and clients’ needs. The Marketing Manager will work to ensure that clients and Rock Paper Simple are aligned on key performance indicators, establishing realistic business goals, providing accountability through reporting and analytics, and providing optimized strategies moving forward.
- Serve as the main point of contact for assigned clients.
- Develop a strong ongoing understanding of:
- Each client’s business model.
- Each client’s goals and KPI’s.
- The marketplace and factors affecting their desired results.
- Build and maintain relationships with assigned clients, keeping an open line of communication.
- Identify customer needs, and recommend appropriate products and services.
- Take ownership of assigned marketing clients and their outcomes.
- Provide project management to plan and implement digital marketing, branding, video and web efforts.
- Collaborate with the Content Team to develop a brand identity, messaging and audiences.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant RPS team members are kept informed of client objectives and deliverables.
- Review and analyze clients’ websites, brand assets and marketing efforts for areas that need to be improved, removed, or revised.
- Show passion and genuine caring for our clients, their business, and improving their revenue and profitability through marketing efforts.
- Protect sensitive client information and maintain a strict level of client confidentiality.
- Grow and develop existing and new client accounts.
- Seek new opportunities to add value to existing clients.
- Collaborate with and support the sales team regarding marketing initiatives and sales needs.
- Occasional local travel to visit clients locations.
Skills And Qualifications
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills that encompass clear, compelling communications
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Proven track record of client development and strategic marketing
- Strong leadership and decision-making capabilities
- Interest in and aptitude for creative business and marketing solutions
- A clear understanding of digital marketing channels and strategic options
- Ability to identify strategic needs, lead all aspects of planning with sound business recommendations, and generate alignment with key business partners
- Track record of experience managing and mentoring with high integrity and the ability to inspire others
- Ability to manage multiple business initiatives in an entrepreneurial environment
- Knowledge of all functional agency departments, capabilities and service areas
- Experience and understanding of digital marketing channels, specifically. (ie: Paid and Organic Search, Paid and Organic Social, etc)
- Flexibility with schedule to meet client commitments, traveling as required
- Highly self-motivated and willing to expand knowledge
- Ability to self-manage while managing assigned teams and projects.
- The ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Conflict resolution experience
- Able to tolerate stress
- Bachelors in Business or Marketing a plus
- Team player
- Oh… and be awesome!
(Office Hours): The minimum hours you will be expected to be in the office are Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM with some availability outside of those hours should client needs arise.
(Work From Home Days): Work from home days are allowed to be taken 4 days a month upon approval.
(On-Call Days): On-call days are every other Friday and are earned by showing the ability to be exceptionally productive. They are awarded by your direct report based on performance. These days allow additional flexibility to work from home or even take the day off as long as all responsibilities and deadlines have been addressed. Team members on-call are expected to be available to their team or clients if needed.
(PTO): 13 days of paid time off will be provided each year. The position also includes 11 paid holidays.
(Compensation and Benefits): Compensation for this position is salary plus override that scales up based on revenue managed. Commission opportunity available for upsells. Position benefits include: Disability, Dental, Vision, Redirect Health Primary Care Coverage, IRA plan with up to 3% salary match, Financial Advisor, Marketplace Chaplains, Monthly Team Lunches, etc.
(Professional Development): Rock Paper Simple provides continuing professional development through online courses, events, consultants and other opportunities to allow each of our team members to grow. Paid subscriptions to digital learning opportunities are available immediately with additional and more specific opportunities available upon request and as they arise.
What is it like working at Rock Paper Simple?
Good question! Here’s our best effort at sharing a bit about what it is like working at Rock Paper Simple.
We work in marketing. So that means it can be fast-paced, deadline-driven, and sometimes it can be stressful. But it is also a place we get to be creative, make really awesome things, work with cool brands, and help some awesome organizations look amazing and win.
We run on EOS, so we have very clear short and long-term visions, quarterly goals and updates, and weekly meetings that give everyone a voice. The whole team knows where the company is going and why. We have leaders, not bosses, who focus on empowering their teams. We document our processes and continue to find ways to make them better.
We are crazy obsessed with anything orange, Star Wars, coffee, Brevard County, and anything marketing-related. We have silly Slack chats in the #general channel with more gifs than we should, have random nerf battles, play board games over lunch, and pass a You Rock Award from team member to team member each month based on core values.
We are very human, care a lot about mental health (we even made a documentary about it!), and want to see everyone grow and become better. We understand that human beings make mistakes and get overwhelmed sometimes, and we encourage people not to let that hold them back. We give grace when we should, but we hold our people accountable too.
Think you should be the next team member to join Rock Paper Simple?Click here to apply on our HR system!
Drug-Free- Workplace Program and Medical Marijuana
This company is a drug-free workplace that complies with the State of Florida Drug-Free Workplace Act and testing procedures. Please be aware of the following information concerning medical marijuana and the company’s stance concerning it. Medical marijuana is available in a variety of forms. Medical marijuana that has a certain level of THC may show up on a drug test. Some medical marijuana does not have THC and will not show up on a drug test. A physician will know if the medical marijuana that they are prescribing would have enough THC to result in a positive drug test. Please consult with the physician to determine if the medical marijuana that they are prescribing will have enough THC to result in a positive drug test. If the medical marijuana that is prescribed does result in a positive drug test result, the company stance concerning this is outlined in the company drug-free workplace policy.
Rock Paper Simple is an equal opportunity employer.