Why, hello there! Are you a master of strategy, a leader and love marketing? Looking for a team to work with?
We are excited you are here. It’s important to us that we choose the right team members to join the team here, so we are going to be really big about making sure you have all the details about what it is like working here and what we are expecting. Let’s start with the job details and then hit on a bit more about Rock Paper Simple. Sound good? Great! Let’s get started…
The Lead Marketing Strategist is responsible for the development, leadership and implementation of the strategic element of our marketing services. This leadership position works directly with our Marketing Partners (our clients) and with the RPS team to provide strategic marketing development for our Partners. The position is also responsible for building and developing the RPS brand and image, serving as an outward facing thought leader.
The Lead Marketing Strategist (LMS) maintains and grows our agency’s business and client base on an ongoing and project basis. S/he will create and maintain relationships with existing and potential clients, developing strategic solutions and plans that best fit the agency and clients’ needs. The LMS will oversee campaigns to ensure that clients and agency are aligned on key performance indicators, establishing realistic business goals, providing accountability through reporting and analytics, and providing optimized strategies moving forward.
In this role, the LMS ensures that the agency provides:
- Sound and responsible marketing counseling and planning.
- Consistently superior creative services.
- Work that is strategic, creative and above all, effective and measurable.
- Clear and regular communication with our Partners (our clients).
- Constant innovation
- Responsible for departmental vision, structure, and management while providing leadership, accountability, and mentorship
- Identify, set and measure key performance indicators and goals for client campaigns.
- Develop workable budgets, integrated marketing strategies and tactical plans and realistic timetables.
- Provide sound and responsible strategic marketing counseling and planning.
- Collaborate with Content Strategist to develop brand identity, messaging and audiences.
- Collaborates with the Account Manager to oversee all strategic efforts and ensure progress/effectiveness.
- Take ownership of marketing clients and their outcomes.
- Oversee development of marketing plans, creative briefs and task lists.
- Grow and develop existing and new client accounts.
- Seeking new opportunities to add value to existing clients
- Building and developing the RPS brand and image, serving as an outward facing thought leader.
- Provide innovation and strategy to continue to develop Rock Paper Simple’s offerings, systems and processes.
Skills And Qualifications
- Proven track record of client development and strategic marketing
- Masters (or Bachelors) in Business or Marketing a plus
- Strong leadership and decision-making capabilities
- Interest in and aptitude for creative business and marketing solutions
- Clear understanding of digital marketing channels and strategic options
- Ability to identify strategic needs, lead all aspects of planning with sound business recommendations, and generate alignment with key business partners
- Excellent presentation skills that encompass clear, compelling communications
- Track record of experience managing and mentoring with high integrity and the ability to inspire others
- Ability to manage multiple business initiatives in an entrepreneurial environment
- Expert knowledge of all functional agency departments, capabilities and service areas
- Deep understanding of a wide range of industries, markets and brands, and what it takes to stand out and service them
- Flexibility with schedule to meet client commitments, traveling as required to pursue business development
- Highly self motivated and willing to expand knowledge
- Ability to self-manage while managing assigned teams and projects.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Conflict resolution experience
- Able to tolerate stress
- Team player
- Oh… and be awesome!
Rock Paper Simple is a digital marketing agency that focuses on creating marketing-focused websites, developing strong brands and providing marketing support designed to help our clients grow. We are a young company with a strong offering that is attracting larger and larger clients. The work environment, while professional and deadline-driven, is fun and enjoyable because we believe we ought to have fun doing what we do! As a younger company, we do look to our team members to help grow and evolve the company, so you can expect to be involved in introducing new ideas to help the team, the company and our clients grow.
Will you be a good fit? Give our core values and our mission statement a look and think young agency that has a desire to make an impact on its clients and community… if that sounds like something you want to be a part of, reach out! We want to meet you and see if you’d make a great RPS team member!
Think you should be the next team member to join RPS? Fill out the form below!