Why, hello there! Are you GREAT with WordPress, HTML, CSS, PHP and JS?
We are excited you are here. It’s important to us that we choose the right team members to join the team here, so we are going to be really big about making sure you have all the details about what it is like working here and what we are expecting. Let’s start with the job details and then hit on a bit more about Rock Paper Simple. Sound good? Great! Let’s get started…
We are looking for Front-End Web Developers who are motivated to provide marketing-focused websites that help our clients grow. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to code within a WordPress environment that will produce visual elements of the website. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. You will also be involved with maintaining existing client websites, providing input into new and existing projects and supporting other staff who require your expertise and knowledge.
- Develop WordPress websites.
- Customizing base themes and plugins to reflect the provided wireframes.
- Choosing appropriate themes and plugins for each case.
- Implementing compliant and clean HTML/CSS to ensure consistency across browers and platforms.
- Modifying themes to present content and custom post types.
- Ensure responsiveness of websites for consistency across devices.
- Ensure stability and quality of finished product.
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Collaborate with other team members
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies that can give RPS and its clients competitive advantage.
- Continue to provide input into the development process to increase productivity and efficiency.
Skills And Qualifications
- Strong understanding of WordPress.
- Strong understanding of web markup, including HTML and CSS.
- Strong understanding of PHP and MySQL.
- Strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Photoshop is a plus.
- At least basic understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that websites will adhere to them. Support will be provided in this area by other team members.
Rock Paper Simple is a digital marketing agency specializing in marketing-focused website solutions. We are a young company with a strong offering that is attracting larger and larger clients. We have grown over 100% every single year and every team member gets to contribute to that growth. The work environment, while professional and deadline-driven, is fun and enjoyable because we believe we ought to have fun doing what we do! As a younger company, we do look to our team members to help grow and evolve the company, so you can expect to be involved in introducing new ideas to help the team, the company and our clients grow.
Will you be a good fit? Give our core values and our brand vision statement a look and think young startup company that has a desire to make an impact on its clients and community… if that sounds like something you want to be a part of, reach out! We want to meet you.
Rock Paper Simple – Core Values:
- We believe that our integrity is more valuable than profit.
- We believe that continued growth leads to success.
- We believe that great things can be accomplished through simplicity.
- We believe that through teamwork we can accomplish so much more than individually.
- We believe that we should make an impact in our community.
- We believe that fun fuels a creative and productive atmosphere.
Think you should be the next team member to join RPS? Fill out the form below!