Why, hello there! Do you love writing? Looking for a team?
We are excited you are here. It’s important to us that we choose the right team members to join the team here, so we are going to be really big about making sure you have all the details about what it is like working here and what we are expecting. Let’s start with the job details and then share more about Rock Paper Simple.
As one of our Copywriters, you’ll be responsible for writing the copy for websites, branding, collateral material, email marketing, and video scripting. You will work closely with the Marketing Managers, Designers, and Developers to create copy for various projects and clients. Working with many different clients will require you to be able to write copy in many different voices and tones to ensure the messaging for each client is clearly conveyed and consistent across all projects. You will be required to conduct interviews with our clients when more information for a project is needed as well as attend client meetings to present your work. Your copy strategy input will be requested on various projects, like site-mapping for websites, and brand messaging.
As part of the copy team you will be led by the Lead Copywriter who will help manage and prioritize projects, review project copy, and answer any questions you may have or come across while on the job.
- Write copy for websites, emails, branding and collateral.
- Write brand messaging.
- Proofread and edit blog posts before publication.
- Manage copy as it goes through the departments for a project.
- Take ownership of completeness and accuracy of work.
- Handle administrative responsibilities associated with projects including organization of files, information, and other assets.
- Learn or know WordPress basics to add or edit copy on pages or posts.
- Maintain effective internal communication to ensure that all relevant RPS team members are kept informed of project progress.
- Collaborate with other team members and clients.
- Work onsite at our Melbourne, Florida office.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging information and techniques.
- Continue to provide input into the copy creation process to increase productivity and efficiency.
Skills And Qualifications
- Excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively.
- Experience writing for multiple brands and voices.
- The ability to consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Experience writing for a B2B and B2C audiences.
- Experience doing research using multiple sources.
- Must have organizational skills for documents with several pages of copy.
- Experience working with WordPress preferred.
- Knowledgeable about information architecture and creating sitemaps is a plus.
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, including SEO and email marketing is a plus.
- Team player
- Oh… and be awesome!
(Office Hours): The minimum hours you will be expected to be in the office are Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM with some availability outside of those hours should client needs arise.
(Remote Days): Remote days (work from home) are allowed to be taken 4 days a month upon approval.
(On-Call Days): On-call days are every other Friday and are earned by showing the ability to be exceptionally productive. They are awarded by your direct report based on performance. These days allow additional flexibility to work from home or even take the day off as long as all responsibilities and deadlines have been addressed. Team members on-call are expected to be available to their team or clients if needed.
(PTO): 13 days of paid time off will be provided each year. The position also includes 11 paid holidays.
(Compensation and Benefits): Compensation for this position is salaried. Position benefits include: Disability, Dental, Vision, Redirect Health Primary Care Coverage, IRA plan with up to 3% salary match, Financial Advisor, Marketplace Chaplains, Monthly Team Lunches, etc.
(Professional Development): Rock Paper Simple provides continuing professional development through online courses, events, consultants and other opportunities to allow each of our team members to grow. Paid subscriptions to digital learning opportunities are available immediately with additional and more specific opportunities available upon request and as they arise.
What is it like working at Rock Paper Simple?
Good question! Here’s our best effort at sharing a bit about what it is like working at Rock Paper Simple.
We work in marketing. So that means it can be fast-paced, deadline-driven, and sometimes it can be stressful. But it is also a place we get to be creative, make really awesome things, work with cool brands, and help some awesome organizations look amazing and win.
We run on EOS, so we have very clear short and long-term visions, quarterly goals and updates, and weekly meetings that give everyone a voice. The whole team knows where the company is going and why. We have leaders, not bosses, who focus on empowering their teams. We document our processes and continue to find ways to make them better.
We are crazy obsessed with anything orange, Star Wars, coffee, Brevard County, and anything marketing-related. We have silly Slack chats in the #general channel with more gifs than we should, have random nerf battles, play board games over lunch, and pass a You Rock Award from team member to team member each month based on core values.
We are very human, care a lot about mental health (we even made a documentary about it!), and want to see everyone grow and become better. We understand that human beings make mistakes and get overwhelmed sometimes, and we encourage people not to let that hold them back. We give grace when we should, but we hold our people accountable too.
Think you should be the next team member to join Rock Paper Simple?Click here to apply on our HR system!
Drug-Free- Workplace Program and Medical Marijuana
This company is a drug-free workplace that complies with the State of Florida Drug-Free Workplace Act and testing procedures. Please be aware of the following information concerning medical marijuana and the company’s stance concerning it. Medical marijuana is available in a variety of forms. Medical marijuana that has a certain level of THC may show up on a drug test. Some medical marijuana does not have THC and will not show up on a drug test. A physician will know if the medical marijuana that they are prescribing would have enough THC to result in a positive drug test. Please consult with the physician to determine if the medical marijuana that they are prescribing will have enough THC to result in a positive drug test. If the medical marijuana that is prescribed does result in a positive drug test result, the company stance concerning this is outlined in the company drug-free workplace policy.
Rock Paper Simple is an equal opportunity employer.