Why, hello there! Do you love marketing and interacting with people? Looking for a team?
We are excited you are here. It’s important to us that we choose the right team members to join the team here, so we are going to be really big about making sure you have all the details about what it is like working here and what we are expecting. Let’s start with the job details and then share more about Rock Paper Simple.
As a Client Success Manager (CSM), you will be responsible for working directly with our clients.
Rock Paper Simple is a goal driven organization. You’ll manage client projects, marketing, and branding efforts, while coordinating with the creative team and production manager, to meet their goals and needs.
We schedule and meet with our clients to gather what the team needs from the client to complete every task. This includes interviews and content, copywriting and editing, logos, photos, graphics, videos, and more—including approvals, sign-offs, coordinating web site launches, events, and more.
Each client has unique needs and we make sure everything we’ve promised is delivered, on time, and meets or exceeds their expectations. You’re the crucial link to the clients, providing account management, and sharing their needs with the team via the Production Manager (PM).
As your client’s brand champion, you prioritize the client’s needs and goals. After the sale, you onboard and guide them through each project, building a relationship with the client. Listening to clients, you’ll grow to understand and predict their needs, as well as respond to requests for new projects and deliverables. Your work helps our clients grow and achieve their goals, while simultaneously strengthening their relationship with Rock Paper Simple.
Client satisfaction and retention is key and this role is in constant communication with our clients. CSMs make sure we deliver what we’ve sold and meet expectations on every task.
- Serve as the main point of contact to build and maintain relationships with assigned clients, keeping an open line of communication, scheduling and managing ongoing meetings and client check-ins.
- Manage what we’ve sold clients (deliverables), when it’s due (deadlines), and share its status, alerting client and team to issues that might delay delivery and relaying direction and vision to the creative team.
- Develop a strong, ongoing understanding of each client’s business model, goals, and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Take ownership of outcomes and deliverables for your assigned marketing clients.
- Work as a team to plan and implement marketing efforts.
- Collaborate with the creative team to ensure everyone is an expert on the client’s brand (empowering all team members to be a brand advocate), business and marketing goals, and deliverables (expected and suggested).
- Collaborate with the sales team, address needs, and support marketing initiatives.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant team members are kept informed of client objectives, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Grow and develop existing and new client accounts. Consistently identify client needs, and recommend appropriate products and services. Seek new opportunities to add value to existing clients.
- For each client, understand the marketplace, their role in it, what differentiates them from their competition, and identify factors that affect desired results. Be proactive about analyzing any market changes and updates.
- Review and analyze clients’ websites, brand assets and marketing efforts to determine areas that can or need to be improved, replaced, or revised.
- Solve problems that help the client grow and improve—and help the team better collaborate and communicate.
DO THE RIGHT THING
- Show passion and genuine caring for our clients, their business, and improving their revenue and profitability through marketing efforts.
- Be your clients’ brand champion. Protect sensitive client information and maintain a strict level of client confidentiality.
- Manage your time wisely.
- Value every team member and help them complete their tasks, so the client wins, every time.
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Excellent customer service experience and skills
- Excellent presentation skills that encompass clear, compelling communications
- Strong decision-making capabilities
- Strong organization and project management
- Flexibility with schedule to meet client commitments, traveling as required
- Highly self-motivated and willing to expand knowledge
- Ability to self-manage while managing assigned teams and projects
- Interest in and aptitude for creative business and marketing solutions
- A clear understanding of digital marketing channels and strategic options (ie: Paid and Organic Search, Paid and Organic Social, etc)
- Ability to manage multiple business initiatives
- The ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Conflict resolution experience
- Able to tolerate stress
- Bachelors in Business or Marketing a plus
- Team player
- Oh… and be awesome!
(Office Hours): The minimum hours you will be expected to be in the office are Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM with some availability outside of those hours should client needs arise.
(Work From Home Days): Work from home days are allowed to be taken 4 days a month upon approval.
(On-Call Days): On-call days are every other Friday and are earned by showing the ability to be exceptionally productive. They are awarded by your direct report based on performance. These days allow additional flexibility to work from home or even take the day off as long as all responsibilities and deadlines have been addressed. Team members on-call are expected to be available to their team or clients if needed.
(PTO): 13 days of paid time off will be provided each year. The position also includes 11 paid holidays.
(Compensation and Benefits): Compensation for this position is salary plus override that scales up based on revenue managed. Commission opportunity available for upsells. Position benefits include: Disability, Dental, Vision, Redirect Health Primary Care Coverage, IRA plan with up to 3% salary match, Financial Advisor, Marketplace Chaplains, Monthly Team Lunches, etc.
(Professional Development): Rock Paper Simple provides continuing professional development through online courses, events, consultants and other opportunities to allow each of our team members to grow. Paid subscriptions to digital learning opportunities are available immediately with additional and more specific opportunities available upon request and as they arise.
What is it like working at Rock Paper Simple?
Good question! Here’s our best effort at sharing a bit about what it is like working at Rock Paper Simple.
We work in marketing. So that means it can be fast-paced, deadline-driven, and sometimes it can be stressful. But it is also a place we get to be creative, make really awesome things, work with cool brands, and help some awesome organizations look amazing and win.
We run on EOS, so we have very clear short and long-term visions, quarterly goals and updates, and weekly meetings that give everyone a voice. The whole team knows where the company is going and why. We have leaders, not bosses, who focus on empowering their teams. We document our processes and continue to find ways to make them better.
We are crazy obsessed with anything orange, Star Wars, coffee, Brevard County, and anything marketing-related. We have silly Slack chats in the #general channel with more gifs than we should, have random nerf battles, play board games over lunch, and pass a You Rock Award from team member to team member each month based on core values.
We are very human, care a lot about mental health (we even made a documentary about it!), and want to see everyone grow and become better. We understand that human beings make mistakes and get overwhelmed sometimes, and we encourage people not to let that hold them back. We give grace when we should, but we hold our people accountable too.
Think you should be the next team member to join Rock Paper Simple?Click here to apply on our HR system!
Drug-Free- Workplace Program and Medical Marijuana
This company is a drug-free workplace that complies with the State of Florida Drug-Free Workplace Act and testing procedures. Please be aware of the following information concerning medical marijuana and the company’s stance concerning it. Medical marijuana is available in a variety of forms. Medical marijuana that has a certain level of THC may show up on a drug test. Some medical marijuana does not have THC and will not show up on a drug test. A physician will know if the medical marijuana that they are prescribing would have enough THC to result in a positive drug test. Please consult with the physician to determine if the medical marijuana that they are prescribing will have enough THC to result in a positive drug test. If the medical marijuana that is prescribed does result in a positive drug test result, the company stance concerning this is outlined in the company drug-free workplace policy.
Rock Paper Simple is an equal opportunity employer.