Why, hello there! Do you love marketing and interacting with people? Looking for a team?
We are excited you are here. It’s important to us that we choose the right team members to join the team here, so we are going to be really big about making sure you have all the details about what it is like working here and what we are expecting. Let’s start with the job details and then share more about Rock Paper Simple.
We are looking for a skilled Admin Assistant to undertake a variety of day-to-day office and clerical tasks. You will be an integral part in ensuring that our office operations run smoothly and are successful in supporting other business activities. An excellent Admin Assistant is, above all, an organized and competent professional with phenomenal communication skills. You will be comfortable dealing with people and able to carry out administrative duties with accuracy and speed. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills, have a friendly personality, is proactive and be able to organize their work using tools, like Excel and office equipment. It is critical that this position be available to the team and clients during our 9-5 business hours during the week.
- Answer phones and support other teams with various administrative tasks (redirecting calls, disseminating correspondence, scheduling meetings etc.)
- Greet visitors at the office and direct them to appropriate RPS team members and meeting rooms, providing refreshments as needed.
- Assist with daily organization tasks (turning on/off lights and TVs, making coffee, keeping office picked up, clean out fridge, check bathrooms are clean, wipe counter, Greenroom is clean and stocked, take out trash regularly etc.)
- Collect payments digitally and via mail
- Plan monthly team lunches (find venue, take team orders, place order/pickup/delivery, celebrate that months bdays)
- Draft emails, letters and notices
- Manage documents and spreadsheets
- Maintain files and records with effective filing system
- To include paper and digital files, converting paper files to digital etc.
- Monitor office supplies inventory and place orders, go shopping, run errands, and local driving (stock supplies, snacks and toiletries)
- Assist in scheduling internal and external events
- Follow office workflow procedures to ensure maximum efficiency
- Assist in vendor relationship management (water, cleaners, chaplains, IT, phones etc)
- Assist in accounts receivable and accounts payable (Sending invoices, writing checks, sales handoffs, checking on late invoices, checking when DPs are made, assist in cash flow doc, etc.)
- Updating office powerpoint (new team members – recent launches – new clients and recurring goals.)
Skills And Qualifications
- Preferred experience as an Admin Assistant or similar role
- Experience in customer service
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping principles and office management systems and procedures
- Knowledge of MS Office, Freshbooks, Wrike, Google calendar
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Reliable with patience and professionalism
- Associate’s/College Degree
- Team player
- Oh… and be awesome!
(Compensation): The offered position is $12-$15/hour, with two pay periods per month. This is a non-exempt hourly position. Career planning meetings will provide a path of advancement with time.
(Office Hours): The office hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00 – 5:00 with availability outside of those hours to ensure time-sensitive clients are taken care of. Hourly non-exempt workers will be paid time and a half for any hours worked over 40 hours in a workweek. This position is for 40hrs per week.
(Work From Home Days): Work from home days are allowed to be taken 4 days a month upon approval.
(PTO): 13 days of paid time off will be provided each year. The position also includes 11 paid holidays.
(Compensation and Benefits): Compensation for this position is salary plus override that scales up based on revenue managed. Commission opportunity available for upsells. Position benefits include: Disability, Dental, Vision, Redirect Health Primary Care Coverage, IRA plan with up to 3% salary match, Financial Advisor, Marketplace Chaplains, Monthly Team Lunches, etc.
(Professional Development): Rock Paper Simple provides continuing professional development through online courses, events, consultants and other opportunities to allow each of our team members to grow. Paid subscriptions to digital learning opportunities are available immediately with additional and more specific opportunities available upon request and as they arise.
What is it like working at Rock Paper Simple?
Good question! Here’s our best effort at sharing a bit about what it is like working at Rock Paper Simple.
We work in marketing. So that means it can be fast-paced, deadline-driven, and sometimes it can be stressful. But it is also a place we get to be creative, make really awesome things, work with cool brands, and help some awesome organizations look amazing and win.
We run on EOS, so we have very clear short and long-term visions, quarterly goals and updates, and weekly meetings that give everyone a voice. The whole team knows where the company is going and why. We have leaders, not bosses, who focus on empowering their teams. We document our processes and continue to find ways to make them better.
We are crazy obsessed with anything orange, Star Wars, coffee, Brevard County, and anything marketing-related. We have silly Slack chats in the #general channel with more gifs than we should, have random nerf battles, play board games over lunch, and pass a You Rock Award from team member to team member each month based on core values.
We are very human, care a lot about mental health (we even made a documentary about it!), and want to see everyone grow and become better. We understand that human beings make mistakes and get overwhelmed sometimes, and we encourage people not to let that hold them back. We give grace when we should, but we hold our people accountable too.
Think you should be the next team member to join Rock Paper Simple?Click here to apply on our HR system!
Drug-Free- Workplace Program and Medical Marijuana
This company is a drug-free workplace that complies with the State of Florida Drug-Free Workplace Act and testing procedures. Please be aware of the following information concerning medical marijuana and the company’s stance concerning it. Medical marijuana is available in a variety of forms. Medical marijuana that has a certain level of THC may show up on a drug test. Some medical marijuana does not have THC and will not show up on a drug test. A physician will know if the medical marijuana that they are prescribing would have enough THC to result in a positive drug test. Please consult with the physician to determine if the medical marijuana that they are prescribing will have enough THC to result in a positive drug test. If the medical marijuana that is prescribed does result in a positive drug test result, the company stance concerning this is outlined in the company drug-free workplace policy.
Rock Paper Simple is an equal opportunity employer.